Saturday, January 28, 2017

Tasting - Dona Sol Sweet Red Wine N.V.

Name: Dona Sol Sweet Red Wine
Variety: Red Blend (Shiraz, Petite Syrah & Symphony), Dessert
Region: Sonoma County, California
Country: USA
Year: N.V.
Price: $6.95

Winery Review: Shiraz has a unique jammy fruit character that is well represented in the Sweet Red. Both on the nose and on the palate, jammy fruit, like strawberries, cherry pie and red licorice, entices the senses and pair well with cheeses and desserts.

My Review: I could not tell much from the nose besides a sugary sweet open airy aroma. The label does not lie: this dessert wine is sweet though it trails off with time and tastes of fatty lactic cream. The after-taste in particular made me crave a coconut cream pie to go with it.

Tasted without food though I wish I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment