Saturday, February 25, 2017

Tasting - Prime's Port Vinho do Porto Ruby N.V.

Name: Prime's Port Vinho do Porto Ruby
Variety: Ruby Porto
Region: Oporto
Country: Portugal
Vintage: N.V.
Price: $18 Sale $9.95

Winery Review: Ruby color; red fruit aromas; pleasantly sweet and balanced taste. As the wines used to produce Prime's Ruby Port age, they gain smoothness and elegance while retaining their fruitiness, intensity and youthful ruby color. They are then blended together for balance and consistency.

My Review: A tough wine to decipher for me and I'm sure for most in general.  The heat is on the nose with a soft spice and brown sugar.  The brown sugar is also there in the taste which is softer on the attack than the only other ruby port I have had (Fairbanks).  Though I don't care for port too much, this was pretty enjoyable.


Tasted without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment